POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Put it looking up : Re: Put it looking up Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Put it looking up
From: Doppelganger
Date: 31 Aug 2004 14:11:12
Message: <4134bf40$1@news.povray.org>
hi.

for starters, I'd personally remove that translate line in the Cuc
definition, just the same as I'd make the blob's sphere centred on the
origin rather than <0,5,0>.
As I'm not fluent in whatever language it is your comments are on (some
latin american form of spanish?), I could only get a vague idea of what you
want to make and I can't make sure what it is, but my guess is that the
rotation happening after a <190, -20, 0> translation is likely to get all
those blobs in rather weird places. Also, the translations before rotation
seem a bit arbitrary, and the rotation itself involves rotating <0, 0, 0>,
so no rotation happens at all! also, any particular reason for that
max_trace_level 32? I see no reflecting or translucent surfaces, nor
anything else that I know needs trace level adjustment.

hope I've been of help.